The building sector is responsible for ~40% of global CO2 emissions. Our business today is part of that problem – but we are determined to become part of the solution. Do you want to have a positive impact on people and nature by raising the standards of the real estate industry? Do you wish to be part of creating sustainable solutions for the real estate industry? ELF Development is looking for a dedicated sustainability profile to lead our efforts to become a more sustainable company.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the new Head of Sustainability, you will join the ELF Group responsible for strategy, concept development, sustainability, internationalisation, and venture investments. Firstly, you will be an essential driver of the sustainability strategy and sustainability targets for the company. Secondly, you will be responsible for collaborating with the Danish and Swedish core businesses to achieve these goals by identifying, evaluating, and implementing new ways to make our business more sustainable.
Lastly, you will be closely involved in our Venture investments as we identify high potential start-up companies, perform due diligences, and work actively with them to achieve maximum sustainable impact. You can expect high variety in your tasks as your expertise will be needed in several different divisions of the company. We aim to offer you significant personal development opportunities and the leadership is dedicated to your personal development through frequent development touchpoints and feedback sessions.
We believe the best results are achieved together, which is why we focus on bringing different people and competences together while enabling each person to live up to their full potential.
Your tasks will include:
- Establishing a baseline of our historical and current sustainability performance
- Strengthening and clarifying our sustainability strategy, including clear ambitious targets
- Setting up a sustainability reporting system to easily track progress
- Identifying, evaluating, and implementing sustainability initiatives together with our business units
- Performing sustainability due diligence for selected start-up companies
- Assisting and supporting the start-up companies we have invested in in becoming more sustainable
- Ensuring organizational and cultural adoption of sustainability ambitions
- Supporting internal and external communication regarding sustainability
You hold a Master’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Architectural Engineering or similar. You have five or more years of hands-on experience with sustainability in real estate and strong project management skills. You speak English fluently – and ideally also either Danish or Swedish.
Key competences we are looking for:
- Fluent in the Office and Adobe packages
- Experience with environmental simulation software
- Experience with Life Cycle Analysis and Life Cycle Costing
- Knowledge of Cradle-to-Cradle methodologies
- Experience with Buildings as Material Banks and Material Passports
- Experience with Smart Buildings, IoT integration, and data harvesting
- Experience with recognized sustainability frameworks e.g. SASB, GRESB, INREV
- Certified in one or more of following: DGNB, LEED, BREEAM