Third parties and the processing of personal data
Personal data collected from third parties
The ELF Group registers and processes personal data collected from third parties, including from:
- public registers such as the Public Information Server, the land registry and other publicly available sources. We register and use this information for purposes of, e.g., preparing and checking standard materials included in contracts concerning the purchase, sale or leasing of real property;
- credit rating agencies. We register and process relevant financial information in connection with the conclusion of agreements concerning the lease of residential properties;
- real estate agents in connection with the conclusion of agreements concerning the purchase or sale of real property or the registration of indications of interest or reservations in relation to the purchase or sale of real property;
- real estate agents and administration companies in connection with the conclusion of agreements concerning leasing of residential and/or non-residential premises; and
- advisers and other representatives in connection with the conclusion of contracts within the Group’s business area.
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
The ELF Group will in certain circumstances share personal data with certain third parties in and outside the Group, including in the following situations:
- In connection with an agreement for the purchase of additional services, your personal data will be disclosed to relevant third parties for purposes of performing the agreement concerning the purchase of additional services.
- Personal data will be disclosed to utility companies in connection with the sale or letting of real property.
- In connection with the completion of a purchase or sale of real property, including registration of the conveyance document and other documents, the ELF Group will disclose your civil registration number to the Danish Land Registration Court.
- Personal data will be disclosed to public authorities and third parties where the companies in the Group are under an obligation to do so pursuant to applicable legislation or to protect vital interests.
- Personal data will be disclosed within the Group and to external business partners (including advisers and banks) to the extent there are legitimate grounds for the processing, such as consent, a legal obligation or the like.
- Personal data will be disclosed to the Group’s IT business partners and suppliers in connection with IT support, hosting, operation and maintenance of IT solutions, etc. Where the Group uses data processors, such use will be based on a contract that ensures compliance with applicable data protection rules (data processor agreement).
- Personal data will be disclosed to third parties in connection with the sale of real property, either by way of a direct sale or as part of the transfer of a business, where the personal data concern the tenants of the relevant property.
The rights of the data subject
Where a company in the ELF Group processes personal data about you, you may at any time exercise the following rights by contacting the company:
- Right to access data (right of access)
You have the right to obtain access to the data we process about you as well as other information, such as the sources of the data and the purposes for which we use them. You can request information about the length of time for which we store your data and about who receives data about you, to the extent that we (lawfully) disclose personal data to third parties.
- Right to rectification [correction]
You have the right to have any inaccurate or incomplete data about you rectified.
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”)
In special circumstances, you have the right to have personal data about you erased before our usual time limit for erasure. The right to erasure must be assessed taking into account any restrictions under applicable legislation or any rights of the company to process data.
- Right to restriction of processing
In certain circumstances, you have the right to restriction of the processing of your personal data. If you are entitled to restriction of processing, we may in future only process your personal data – with the exception of storage – with your consent, or for purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal claims or protecting a person or important public interests.
- Right to transmit data (data portability)
In certain circumstances, you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have those data transmitted from one data controller to another without hindrance.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our lawful processing of your personal data. You may also object to the processing of your data for direct marketing purposes.
The companies in the ELF Group will only keep personal data for as long as is permitted under the data protection legislation in force from time to time, i.e. as long as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which the data have been collected. At the end of this period, the data will be deleted as a matter of course.
As the storage period depends on the specific circumstances of each processing operation, it is not possible to state a general storage period. For processing operations involving a potential liability for the data subject or a company in the ELF Group as the data controller, the storage period will be consistent with the rules of the Danish Limitation Act.
Where continuing contracts are concerned, including contracts concerning the leasing of real property, personal data are stored for the term of the contract plus ten years.
Applications for vacant positions will be stored for a maximum of six months.
Right to complain
If you are dissatisfied with our registration and use of your personal data, you can lodge a complaint with the Danish Data Protection Agency as the supervisory authority: The Data Protection Agency, Borgergade 28, 5th floor, DK-1300 Copenhagen K, Denmark, e-mail: email@example.com.
You will be asked to give your user consent when you sign up for a service.
As part of the ELF Group’s general data protection efforts, the Group’s IT security is monitored and updated on an ongoing basis in order to identify potential vulnerabilities and attacks so as to minimise the risk of security breaches to the greatest extent possible.
The ELF Group regularly updates and implements technical and organisational security measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or change. These security measures also serve to protect personal data against unauthorised sharing, leakage, abuse and any other processing violating applicable data protection legislation.
If you have any questions regarding your rights and how your personal data are processed by the companies in the Group, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can contact any company in the ELF Group via ELF Development A/S, Strandvejen 70, 1st floor, DK-2900 Hellerup, Denmark, tel.: (+45) 39 200 250, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.